Cardiovascular Care at Baptist
With heart disease as the leading cause of death in the United States, Baptist Health System places special emphasis on cardiovascular services and we were the first health system in San Antonio to offer 5 Accredited Chest Pain Centers.
Cardiovascular services at Baptist are a specialized concentration of high-quality medical care and advanced technology focused in the areas of prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation.
Baptist is proud to be the first and only facility in San Antonio to be offering the Stereotaxis Robotic Navigation System for treatment of arrhythmia. Individuals with arrhythmia may have a heartbeat that is too slow, too fast or out of rhythm. Patients may feel heart skipping, shortness of breath, mild chest discomfort or fatigues. Now, Baptist brings alternative solutions to this serious problem. Stereotaxis is an improved method of catheter ablation that makes complex procedures safer. Northeast Baptist Hospital has the first physicians in the market to be doing this innovative treatment. To learn more about Stephen Reich, MD, FHRS, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist, and Stephen A. May, M.D, Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiologist, please click here.
for Cardiovascular Care
Baptist has the only cath lab in Southeast San Antonio for the diagnosis and treatment of heart conditions.
- First in San Antonio to provide 5 Accredited Chest Pain Centers
- First in San Antonio to offer stereotaxis treatment of arrhythmia
- Cardiac catheterization labs
- The Vascular Institute of San Antonio
- Cardiac education services
- Cardiothoracic surgery
- Electrophysiology study capabilities
- Non-invasive cardiology
- Peripheral vascular surgery
- Peripheral cardiovascular studies
- Specialized intensive care and telemetry units