The Baptist Hernia Center
The Baptist Hernia Center is staffed by three Board Certified surgeons, each with specialized experience in the treatment of all hernia types. Hernia procedures are extremely low risk and are well tolerated by all ages. One call is all it takes to put you on the path to better health. We offer:
- Same day appointments
- Advanced pain management techniques
- Minimal post-op discomfort
- One visit to the hospital – minimization of Center visits
- Special area for hernia patients in the hospital
- Two-week recovery time that gets you back to action faster
What is a Hernia?
A hernia is an opening or weakness in the muscular structure of the wall of the abdomen.
This defect causes a bulging of the abdominal wall. Any activities that increase intra-abdominal
pressure can worsen a hernia; examples of such activities are lifting, coughing, or even straining
to have a bowel movement. Learn More...
The Baptist Hernia Center is located in Northeast Baptist Hospital, 8811 Village Dr., San Antonio, Texas 78217. For more information call 297-7005.